[Mailman-Developers] Ok, this is weird...

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:13:28 -0400

At 01:57 AM 4/11/02 -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>If you still get the bugs, please step me through the recipe you're
>using to cause the bug.

Ok.  I updated cvs.  I configed again, did a make, a make install.
All the mailman daemons were stopped before, and started after.
All the .pyc files properly generated.  I'm about as current as it's
possible to get.  I turned topics back on.  I put back my test topic.
I used my archived copy of the shunt files that I sent you some time
ago, and unshunted them back into the queue.  They failed again with
the same error...

Apr 11 09:04:44 2002 (11160) Uncaught runner exception: Continuation line seen before first header
Apr 11 09:04:44 2002 (11160) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 105, in __oneloop
    self.__onefile(msg, msgdata)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 155, in __onefile
    keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 129, in _dispose
    status = self._dopipeline(mlist, msg, msgdata, pipeline)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 152, in _dopipeline
    sys.modules[modname].process(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Tagger.py", line 47, in process
    matchlines.extend(scanbody(msg, mlist.topics_bodylines_limit))
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Tagger.py", line 101, in scanbody
    msg = email.message_from_string(EMPTYSTRING.join(lines))
  File "/home/mailman/pythonlib/email/__init__.py", line 36, in message_from_string
    return _Parser(_class).parsestr(s)
  File "/home/mailman/pythonlib/email/Parser.py", line 45, in parsestr
    return self.parse(StringIO(text))
  File "/home/mailman/pythonlib/email/Parser.py", line 40, in parse
    self._parseheaders(root, fp)
  File "/home/mailman/pythonlib/email/Parser.py", line 76, in _parseheaders
    raise Errors.HeaderParseError(
HeaderParseError: Continuation line seen before first header

As a reminder - this is a message that went to list1,list2, made it to list1, but
kept bouncing to list2.  The only real difference in the two list configs is one
had topics enabled, and one didn't.  If I delete the topic and turn off topic
processing, this note will unshunt and post to list2 as well.  Here's the relevant
section from config_list for list2:

topics_enabled = 1
topics_bodylines_limit = 5
topics = [('Iluminatti', '[F][f]nord', 'Illuminated Messages', 0)]

I'm guessing that there's something wrong in the way Tagger calls
Parser in this case...  I'll eyeball the code again myself; maybe a
fresh pair of eyes will catch something you're missing cause you've
been staring at it too long.