[Mailman-Developers] Ok, this is weird...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 01:57:43 -0400

    RJ> Hey, Barry?  It's the topic processor causing it.  I got a
    RJ> second message to that same list that generated the same
    RJ> error.  I'd tried turning off topics before, since that was
    RJ> one of the two differences between the working, and non
    RJ> working, list.  But when I did that, I didn't *delete* the
    RJ> topic, I just disabled it.  (Although, if topics are disabled,
    RJ> that really should skip all the topic header
    RJ> scanning... Apparently it doesn't.)

    RJ> I tried disabling topics, *and* deleting my one trial topic.
    RJ> Suddenly the two messages (the one I sent you, and the latest
    RJ> one) would unshunt.

    RJ> The only trial topic I had was, for fooling around purposes,
    RJ> on that list was (from config_list):

    RJ> topics_enabled = 1 topics_bodylines_limit = 5 topics =
    RJ> [('Illuminati', '[fF]nord', 'Illuminated Messages', 0)]

I've been trying to reproduce this with current cvs and am unable to.
I'm not sure that the topic processor's logic is totally correct, but
I also can't provoke the bugs you describe.

Can you please do two things: try to update to current cvs, do a
"./config.status ; make install ; cd $prefix ; bin/mailmanctl restart"

If you still get the bugs, please step me through the recipe you're
using to cause the bug.

In the meantime, I'll try to convince myself about the logic of the
topic processor.

-Barry