[Mailman-Developers] Pre-list filtering?

Bill Bradford mrbill@mrbill.net
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:33:10 -0500

Any suggestions on filtering messages *before* they get to the list?
I've got a list that doesent allow directly replies back to the list, so
I want to block all messages with a subject starting "Re:", "RE:", etc.

Getting real tired of moderating/deleting 40-50 posts/day. 8-(

The only way I can think to do this would be by changing the list submission
alias to point to a "fake user", who would have a .procmailrc to dump the
appropriate messages, then re-inject the messages back into mailman.  However,
this seems very hackish.

Suggestions?

Bill

--