[Mailman-Developers] iso_xxx subjects not processed?

Fil fil@rezo.net
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 18:05:27 +0200

@ Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> :
> On Monday, April 8, 2002, at 12:44 , Fil wrote:
>
> >we had discussed a while ago of mailman decoding the iso_xxx subject
> >lines in order not to add x times the subject_prefix ; I don't remember
> >if there was a patch and if it was to be included in the official
> >Mailman. Anyone knows? (In any case, it's not working on my installation,
> >done from cvs one or twoo weeks ago).
>
> Mailman does now decode the subject lines from Base 64 or Q-P before
> searching for the prefix, when deciding to add it or not.  I have tested
> this with several encoded messages, and it works; I'm not sure what
> problem you're running into.
>
> Can you show me an example message that exhibits the problem?

This is a two-prefix subject line (taken from the mailman .mbox file, in
order to be sure)

    Subject: [Spip] =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_=5BSpip=5D_exclusion_mot_cl=E9s?=

Preceding messages had these lines :

first message in thread
    Subject: [Spip] =?iso-8859-1?Q?exclusion_mot_cl=E9s?=

my answer (I use 'mutt', if it has any importance)
    Subject: Re: [Spip] exclusion mot =?iso-8859-1?Q?cl?=
        =?iso-8859-1?Q?=E9s?=

answer to my answer, by the thread originator, yielded the two-prefix line
above.

the subject line decoded is:
    exclusion mot clés

the subject_prefix is "[Spip] "