[Mailman-Developers] Upgrade to beta 1?

David Gibbs david@midrange.com
Sat, 06 Apr 2002 07:01:15 -0600

Ok, sorry if this question falls in the 'well duh' category, but I couldn't
find anything obvious in the docs.  Since this relates to the beta, I
figured this would be the right place to post it.

I was planning on experimenting with MM 2.1b1, including converting one of
my lists over to for experimentation (it's an internal list, so the
subscribers can deal with some instability).

I copied the files from the <2.0.9_install>/lists/<listname> directory into
the <2.1.b1_install>/lists/<listname> directory and ran update.  The update
program said there was nothing to do.

I then tried to access the admin page for the list in the MM2.1b1 web I
setup, and got the following ...

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 82, in run_main
     main()
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 170, in main
     change_options(mlist, category, subcat, cgidata, doc)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 1211, in change_options
     gui.handleForm(mlist, category, subcat, cgidata, doc)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Gui/GUIBase.py", line 114, in handleForm
     for item in self.GetConfigInfo(mlist, category, subcat):
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Gui/General.py", line 58, in GetConfigInfo
     optvals = [mlist.new_member_options & bitfields[o] for o in OPTIONS]
   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 129, in __getattr__
     raise AttributeError, name
AttributeError: new_member_options

Any ideas?

Thanks!