[Mailman-Developers] templating, search, and stuff...

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Sat, 06 Apr 2002 00:00:56 -0800

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:19:09 -0500
Barry A Warsaw <barry@zope.com> wrote:

DJ> Also, in fishing through the TODO list, I notice that adding some
DJ> kind of templating system is still on there.

> Improving the templating system (for MM3) is more than just picking
> one and going with it.  The real issue is that folks want to put all
> kinds of web skins on Mailman, to integrate them into their own way of
> managing their sites.

More simply: Many of us want to integrate Mailman as a dynamic component
into other dynamically generated web pages.  just adding template
support is good, but doesn't solve the base problem of enabling mailman
to be a well behaved component in a web page that's otherwise assembled.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?