[Mailman-Developers] Problem in 2.1b1's contrib/qmail-to-mailman.py

Marc MERLIN marc_news@vasoftware.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 20:42:35 -0800

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 11:50:35AM -0800, Bill Wagner wrote:
> > Then again, it'd be better if qmail could just be taught to
> > automatically recognize Mailman lists, but again, I don't know enough
> > about qmail to write the appropriate recipes.
>
> Are there no developers running qmail?  I know most run postfix, but I
> figured that qmail's a large enough player that someone would be working
> on it.

I think one contributed factor is that at least some of us do not bear much
love for DJB, his stupid license (or lack thereof) and his general
thickheadedness.

http://www.linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#djb

if you're curious.

Since you  had postfix and exim,  life is too  short to have to  bother with
qmail or DJB software if there are reasonable alternatives out there IMO

If you're going to flame me, do it in private please :-)

Marc