[Mailman-Developers] templating, search, and stuff...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:19:09 -0500

    DJ> Also, in fishing through the TODO list, I notice that adding
    DJ> some kind of templating system is still on there.

Improving the templating system (for MM3) is more than just picking
one and going with it.  The real issue is that folks want to put all
kinds of web skins on Mailman, to integrate them into their own way of
managing their sites.  Some people don't care about the integration,
and for them we can pick a Good One and use that as the default.  But
they've got to be able to chuck it, design their own web interface,
and integrate it easily into Mailman.  For that we need APIs, a clean
architecture, and component-like system.

-Barry