[Mailman-Developers] 2.0.x qrunner bug (bad one)

Jason R. Mastaler jason-list-mailman-developers@mastaler.com
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 21:24:14 -0700

Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com> writes:

> I'm curious, and in honesty, haven't looked. Is qmail RFC compliant
> here?

Yes.

> Or is it a case of doing what the authors feel is right, not what
> the standards tell them to?

qmail has only one author, D. J. Bernstein, and all his software is
extremely standards conscious.  In fact, this explains why qmail
doesn't add a missing Date header for messages coming in via SMTP.
qmail didn't create the message, Mailman did, and therefore it's
Mailman's job as originator to add a Date line.

Other MTAs which add missing required headers are essentially just
covering for non-compliant programs.  djb isn't that kind I guess
<wink>.

--
(http://tmda.sourceforge.net/)