[Mailman-Developers] New Pipermail hacks (was Re: Ok, it works! ...)

Marc MERLIN marc_news@valinux.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 17:59:17 -0700

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 12:48:34AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>   Included in this description is a url to the attachment file, which
>   Pipermail will hyperlink.  One drawback here is that if archives are
>   switched from public to private, or vice versa, all the attachment
>   urls will break.  But you could re-run bin/arch to regenerate the
>   whole thing -- the key being that Scrubber works only on a copy of
>   the message being prepped for the archiver, /not/ on the message
>   being saved in the mbox.

I have a solution to this:
Reference the private URL.
Have the private cgi issue a redirect to the public archive URL if it
detects that the list has public archives (after parsing config.db)

Your ideas about de-miming and referencing attachments stored on the server
are perfect. This will solve many problems I've had and seen.

Thanks
Marc