[Mailman-Developers] Reply-To: handling

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:44:29 -0400

    JCL> If I'm reading it correctly, multiple Reply-To headers
    JCL> violates RFC 2822.  The fact that VM supports it is fine, but
    JCL> that doesn't mean Mailman should emit it.

You're right of course, see section 3.6:

    Field           Min number      Max number      Notes
    reply-to        0               1

(I'm battling a cold and lack of sleep so apologies for having been
lazy about looking it up.)

    JCL> Note: Need to make sure you do duplicate collapsing of the
    JCL> Reply-To header in case the poster has already set Reply-To
    JCL> to the list in effort to nix CC: dupes.

Are you suggesting that we collapse Reply-To: even if we don't add one
ourselves?  I would think that we should only collapse if we're adding
a value.

-Barry