[Mailman-Developers] New sender-centric moderation rules

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:47:41 -0400

    RJ> Really, I think we need to redesign large chunks of the admin
    RJ> page, and set up multiple access classes.

    RJ> Perhaps more generically, we need to make a list of all the
    RJ> things people are allowed to do, and set up a user class page,
    RJ> where you can flip the bit for any individual class, so a site
    RJ> admin could let list owners turn on and off archives if he
    RJ> wanted, but the default config might not let them.  With a
    RJ> true userdb this could just be applied to a particular person;
    RJ> granting them privileges.  Until then, we could just define N
    RJ> categories, and some sane defaults...

I don't disagree with any of this (although I might quibble about the
details).  However, I believe to do it right requires a unified user
database, and that's just not something that's going to happen for
MM2.1.  So we might have to live with a few inconveniences for now,
and keep an eye on fixing things in the next version.

-Barry