[Mailman-Developers] New sender-centric moderation rules

J C Lawrence claw@2wire.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:48:56 -0700

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:14:13 -0400
Barry A Warsaw <barry@zope.com> wrote:

> First, each member has a "moderate" bit associated with their
> options.  If their bit is on, their postings are held for
> moderation regardless of any other setting.  If their bit is off,
> then the message is passed on to other phases of hold checking.
> Only list admins can get to a user's moderation bit, so only they
> can change them.  Each list has a default value for the bit, which
> will be used to initialize new members.

Good stuff.  It would be good to also have a small notes field
attached to each subscriber.

> - If the sender is not a member

I'd like to insert a level in there of:

  -- If message matches <regex...> then auto-post
  -- If message matches <regex...> then hold
  -- If message matches <regex...> then reject

This way we can prefix lists with a procmail recipes (that do
whatever) to externally define posting criteria.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?