[Mailman-Developers] moderate by user?

J C Lawrence claw@2wire.com
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:34:29 -0700

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:16:17 -0400
Barry A Warsaw <barry@zope.com> wrote:

JCL> Aye, I'd like it as well.  What's really needed is a
JCL> per-subscriber config option which is controllable only by the
JCL> ListOwner (there are good arguments for it being both invisible
JCL> and visible to members) and is stored as part of the subscriber
JCL> list.

> Ah, I hadn't thought about that (making it visible but not
> modifiable by the user).  Right now, it's not even visible,
> although it's pretty obvious should the user post to a list.

>From a social engineering aspect there are advantages if "poster"
users can be seen to be so flagged.  There are similar is smaller
advantages if a user can see a flag which says, "You (do not) have
unrestricted posting authority to this list."

There are also similarly large downsides to both.

AdminOnly visibility seems the right starting point.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?