Approving messages with attachments? [was: Re: [Mailman-Developers] Handling of Posts held for approval and attachments

Dan Mick Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM>
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 15:59:59 -0700 (PDT)

> > >From Defaults.py (which, if you want to change it, as always, put
> > something in mm_cfg.py to override the Defaults setting):
> >
> > # how many bytes of a held message post should be displayed in the admindb
web
> > # page?  Use a negative number to indicate the entire message, regardless of
> > # size (though this will slow down rendering those pages).
> > ADMINDB_PAGE_TEXT_LIMIT = 4096
>
> Oh thank you for the pointer and sorry for the oversight :)
>
> However I'd like to know what do you think about this issue:
>
> > > Besides, the moderator is not able to see if a message contains
> > > an attach (and its relative size), so he/she can eventually
> > > post a message with a big attach without knowing this :)

I usually set my ADMINDB_PAGE_TEXT_LIMIT to -1 for exactly
this reason (and have a size limit set for messages anyway,
and strip all attachments with demime in the first place).