[Mailman-Developers] Making the list archive URL configurable

Marc MERLIN marc_news@valinux.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:12:20 -0700

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 12:13:55AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     MM> Is there a way to add the archive URL in the list options and
>     MM> the UI (I thought about doint it, but I'm not too familiar
>     MM> with the datbase compatibility issues and the problems with
>     MM> adding a new field in the list options)
>
> Does it have to be list specific?  I think not, but maybe I'm missing
> something.

In my case probably  not, but I can see it as better  if list specific (some
list admins subscribe  their list to an external archiver  and would like to
point mailman's archives for their list to it)

> The RTTD is probably to make PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL a template string,
> into which the list name will be interpolated, and then change things
> so they use GetBaseArchiveURL() consistently.
>
> That way you could just set PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL to
> "http://www.geocrawler.com/redir-sf.php3?list=%(listname)s" in
> mm_cfg.py and be done with it.

In my specific case *right*now*, that would be enough (afterall, that's what
I did with my patch). In a more generic case, per list would be better :-)

Marc