[Mailman-Developers] German Umlauts in pipermail

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 20:15:08 +0200

On Thu, 2001-10-04 14:11:26 +0100, Mikhail Sobolev <mikhail.sobolev@transas.com>
wrote in message <20011004141126.A13313@transas.co.uk>:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 01:54:41PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > +             ( '=E4',  '&auml;'        ),
> > +             ( '=F6',  '&ouml;'        ),
> >
> > After I applied the above patch (and I really have absolutely
> > no clue about python...), mailman archived all mails exactly
> > as it did before... What do I miss?
> Are you sure this is going to work for other character sets?

Despite on the, well, bogus way I'd like to build my archive, does
anybody have a helpful hint for me?

OTOH, I'd also like to start diskussion about doing all those
substitutions of chars/=XX values ---> HTML escales on a per
charset base. But - I'm totally new to python...

But for a start, I'd really like to know why my extended substitution
table doesn't work...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw . jbglaw@lug-owl.de . +49-172-7608481