[Mailman-Developers] What to do with a corrupt config.db?

J C Lawrence claw@2wire.com
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:12:39 -0700

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001 14:25:28 -0700 (PDT)
Aaron D Turner <aturner@pobox.com> wrote:

> That's when I got the first error.  Basically, I had upgraded from
> RH 6.2 to 7.1 which included a new version of python which wasn't
> compatible with the version of Mailman I was running (2.0beta5),
> so I upgraded mailman at which time my config.db's magically
> became corrupt.

Light dawns.

I suspect that not only did the new Python version not like your old
Mailman install, it also didn't like your old Python version's
config.db streamed objects, and that this is the source of the
problem.  Simple non backward compatibility.  Bad, but
understandable.  Barry may be able to comment on this further (I
haven't followed Python in detail for years and I gave up on Red Hat
entirely even longer ago).

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?