[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Subscriber names

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:54:16 -0500

On 24 November 2001, marina said:
> Does anybody know whether there's a way for Mailman to ask (and
> remember) subscriber names, as well as their email addresses?

I've just added a new entry to the FAQ Wizard:

  3.2. How can I track subscriber's real names?

  With Mailman 2.0.x, you can't: Mailman only remembers each subscriber's
  email address, password, and list options.

(Or visit http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.002.htp)

If this is wrong or incomplete, please visit the FAQ Wizard and update
it yourself.  In particular, can Mailman 2.1 track real names?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org