[Mailman-Developers] Uncaught runner exception: 'generator' object has no attribute 'insert'

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:18:55 -0500

    B> He is using Python 2.2, which comes with email - no need to
    B> install the package.  The problem lies elsewhere.

Yes, the problem is that in Python 2.2, body_line_generator() returns
a... generator!  not a list.  This is one corner where email 1.0 and
email 0.96 are not completely compatible, and it's not really feasible
to make them so here.  The following patch should fix this particular
problem.  Let me know and I'll commit it to cvs.

I haven't extensively tested Mailman with 2.2, but I will have to do
this before Python 2.2 final is released.

-Barry