[Mailman-Developers] Orwellian Archives?

bob@nleaudio.com bob@nleaudio.com
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 12:18:12 -0500 (EST)

This is a MIME-encapsulated message.

--------------265557734833714487252383

I use an editor called Joe that edit the .mbox file, then blast away the
archives and rebuild them with $prefix/bin/arch <listname>.  Takes a while for
big archives, but it works.  If you do delete messages (which is done by simply
cutting the whole thing, headers and all), remember that when you rebuild the
archives, messages subsequent to the one(s) you nuked will be renumbered.  So if
people reference messages in URLs, they may no longer be valid... Which might
give credence to the method listed below of simply editing the body of the
message.

Bob