[Mailman-Developers] Feature request: regexp for posters

Pavel Roskin proski@gnu.org
Fri, 25 May 2001 11:40:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hello!

running Mailman 2.0.5. In order to stop spam, the messages from
non-members are held for approval. Unfortunately, sometimes a message
gets crossposted to a another list on a different site. Then we have a
wave of posts from non-members.

I want to accept messages from certain domains without approval. While
including the mailing list domain (gnome.org) would be risky (some
spammers use the victim's address in From:), other domains should be safe.

I would like to be able to use regular expressions in the "poster" list,
for example:

.*@suse.com
.*@ximian.com
.*@.*mit.edu

and so on. From what I see in the sources of Mailman 2.0.5, regular
expressions are not used when the address is matched against the poster
list. Would it be possible to use regular expressions in the future
versions of Mailman?

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin