[Mailman-Developers] disabling feature question

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Sun, 20 May 2001 22:27:55 -0400

    BS> Simply, we need to remove the "Edit the HTML for the public
    BS> list pages" under the 'Other Administrative Activities' on the
    BS> General Options page.

You'll need to hack the source, but it shouldn't be too hard.
Assuming you're using Mailman 2.0.5, look in the Mailman/Cgi/admin.py
file, 'round about line 286.  See where it says:

    otherlinks.AddItem(Link(mlist.GetScriptURL('edithtml'),
                            'Edit the HTML for the public list pages'))

Comment out those two lines (put `#' at the beginning of each line).
For added safety, remove the $prefix/cgi-bin/edithtml binary -- where
$prefix is the install directory -- and remove `edithtml' from the
CGI_PROGS variable in src/Makefile.in.

-Barry