[Mailman-Developers] Moderator approval

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Wed, 16 May 2001 20:59:23 -0400

    JJ> I saw this on the Mailman 2.1 Wiki page:
    JJ> "Provide an email interface to all administrative commands"

    JJ> Does this include the approval of moderated messages?

Yes, especially so!  This is very high on my personal threshold of
pain. :)

    JJ> If so, has any work been done on this or do you know how it
    JJ> will work?

No work's been done on it yet.  I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to
do it, other than to probably hook into the new confirmation stuff
already in CVS.  The problem is that there are two outcomes: reject or
approve.  Which do you make easiest?  (Probably reject since it's much
more common.)  Maybe there's auto-reject by default or timeout, with
approvals being the easy path.  Not sure yet.

    JJ> Will it be (or is it already) possible to have the approval
    JJ> sent to more than one person?

I'm toying with the idea of adding a moderators' role, separate from
and with fewer privs than the list owner.  Even without that, such
confirmations will be sent to the list owners, so yes.

-Barry