[Mailman-Developers] Administrivia: Move to EZMLM

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 09:45:15 -0400

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 11:52:22PM -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> > This is a feature
> > L-Soft refused to provide.
>
> (boggle)

Indeed.

> > People that send messages with strange Sender headers should have
> > no more problems either. Another quirk of LISTSERV L-Soft did not
> > believe to be a problem.
>
> The implication being if I insert a Sender line, under some cases LISTSERV
> does something weird to it? Shouldn't a MLM override this and replace it
> with the MLM's?

Unless I've *vastly* misunderstood everything I've read: no.

It should add Resent- headers, but Sender: carries valid sourcing
information, and I don't think it should be replaced.  (I'm deriving
that from RFC 2822, 3.6.2 and 3.6.6, but I've been known to be wrong
before...)

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink