[Mailman-Developers] Administrivia: Move to EZMLM (fwd)

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk
Mon, 14 May 2001 09:38:41 +0100

claw@kanga.nu said:
> An message interesting for some of the advantages they see in EZMLM as
> versus ListServ.  While obviously not the driving forces, the comments
> about Precedence: and Sender: headers caught me by surprise.

Relating this to mailman, it appears to me that we do the right thing
(tm) with both those headers.

The big advantage with EZMLM is the bounce handling - basically because
it uses VERP and mangles the envelope.   The downside is the mail-only
one address per function (subscriber) control interface (although it is
proof against the Outlook user incapable of sending plain unencoded
text problem).   Those that pay per byte bandwidth charges might also
find ezmlm more expensive to run.

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk ]