[Mailman-Developers] Porting "NetiquetteEnforcer" to mailman

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb@suse.de
Fri, 11 May 2001 11:18:42 +0200

Good morning,

I have switched my mailing lists from ezmlm to mailman (mostly because I
wanted to use postfix) a few months ago. Under ezmlm, I wrote a cute little
script called "NetiquetteEnforcer.pl", which did a rather good job at
rejecting "annoying" (incorrectly formatted etc) mails.

(If you are interested, you can look at
http://lars.marowsky-bree.de/dl/NetiquetteEnforcer.pl )

Now, I meant to port this ages ago, but you know how "I will do it in my
copious spare time" works out in practice...

I am looking at how to integrate this properly with mailman. What I would
probably have to do is to hook in HandlerAPI much like the "Hold" Handler and
either hold the message, reject it immediately or let it pass through.

However, I am unclear about how to do get the configuration information done
properly - I would rather like an additional screen for the Content Filtering
scheme in the Web management tools, and it isn't immediately obvious to me how
I would go about this.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl