[Mailman-Developers] Re: Creation/deletion of lists through-the-web

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 12:29:19 -0400

    DC> On 2001.05.09, in <20010509101321.61492@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us>,
    DC> I've written a mailer (in the sendmail sense) for Mailman.
    DC> You can define a mailertable entry as: server.name.mil
    DC> mailman:server.name.mil

    DC> And add the mailer to sendmail.cf: MMailman,
    DC> P=/etc/mail/mm-handler, F=rDFMhlqSu, U=mailman:other,
    DC> S=EnvFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL, A=mm-handler $h $u

    DC> ...and it's all automagical.  No more aliases, no more
    DC> recompiling map datbases.

    DC> You can find it in the archives, or I can mail you the most
    DC> recent working version.

David,

This is really cool!  Please send me the latest version of mm-handler
so I can add it to the contrib directory.  I've updated
README.SENDMAIL with the following text; does it accurately describe
the steps one should take to integrate Mailman and Sendmail?  If not,
please let me know what changes should be made.

Thanks,
-Barry

-------------------- snip snip --------------------
INTEGRATING SENDMAIL AND MAILMAN

    David Champion has contributed a Sendmail mailer which you can use
    so that Sendmail will automatically deliver to Mailman mailing
    lists without manual intervention (i.e. updated an aliases file or
    running newaliases).  He suggests adding the following to your
    sendmail.cf file:

	MMailman,	P=/etc/mail/mm-handler, F=rDFMhlqSu, U=mailman:other,
			S=EnvFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
			A=mm-handler $h $u

    The mm-handler script can be found in the contrib directory; copy
    this script to /etc/mail and in your Mailman/mm_cfg.py file, add
    the following:

        MTA = None

    Now Sendmail should automagically deliver to the standard Mailman
    aliases for mailing lists.