[Mailman-Developers] Creation/deletion of lists through-the-web

Richard Ellerbrock richarde@eskom.co.za
Wed, 09 May 2001 15:44:44 +0200

>On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 01:45:36AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>> For Exim, I predict "MTA =3D None" in mm_cfg.py will Do The Right =
Thing,
>> since nothing special has to be done.  I've no idea at this time what
>> Sendmail, Qmail, or any other MTA will require, and I'm hoping those
>> of you who use those mailers will be able to donate a module.
>
>Sendmail can work in the same way as Postfix, I believe. I'm not sure
>if you can tell it to use more than one aliases.db file, but if it
>can, the only difference is the permissions with which the commands
>are executed. As far as I know, Sendmail also uses dbhash (hash or
>btree, depending on how you make them) so no problem there.

Yes sendmail can have multiple aliases files, just comma seperate them in =
the sendmail.cf file. This is for 8.11.1 which I am running - do not know =
for older versions. The only problem is that newaliases needs to be run as =
root, or else modify the sendmail.cf file to automagically rebuild the =
aliases files from time to time (you can specify the time out). I don't =
know what happens though when broken alias files are fed in though - does =
it just ignore the new file?

--
Richard Ellerbrock
richarde@eskom.co.za