[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.0.5 patch

Marc MERLIN marc_news@valinux.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 12:14:00 -0700

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 12:58:54PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've uploaded the Mailman 2.0.5 patch and tarball to SourceForge.
> Please check out
>
>     http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=103

   version 2.0.5 [7]Python Powered [8]GNU's Not Unix [9]Mailman home page

The uprade procedure  was a bit painful, because once  again, update touched
all my lists as root, recreated all the config.db files as root, which broke
all  the  lists  on  my  system (admittedly,  that's  my  fault  for  having
restricted hardlinks)

This, in the update process, is what is screwing me over:
- updating old public mbox file
    looks like you have a really recent CVS installation...
    you're either one brave soul, or you already ran me

Can't update see that upgrading from 2.0.x to 2.0.y doesn't require that and
only run it when it's really really needed?
(in my case, with  10,000+ lists, it takes a really long time  to run, up to
10-20mn).

Would  you  accept a  patch  that  made update  change  its  uid to  mailman
(requiring make install to be ran as root or mailman) for everyone?
The problem  is that securelinux_fix  is to be  run after make  install, and
while make install is being run, and  update goes through all the lists, all
the lists are non functionning on my system

Anyway, everything is back up now, I cleared the lock directory, and ran:
find lists | grep config.db | grep -v "config.db.last" | grep -v config.db$  | xargs rm

I'll try to remember to check it again on sunday night and report back.

Marc