[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Users] Big problems with stale lockfiles on large list...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Thu, 3 May 2001 17:24:50 -0400

    BAW> I think this code isn't quite right.  I think to be totally
    BAW> safe, you want sigterm_handler() to sys.exit(0) after the
    BAW> call to mlist.Unlock().  Otherwise, depending on race
    BAW> conditions, after unlocking the list you could still enter
    BAW> Save(), which would fail because it would first try to
    BAW> refresh a lock you no longer own.

    BAW> I'll work up a proper patch to Mailman 2.0.4 and post it to
    BAW> SF for you to try.  Or you could modify your patched version
    BAW> and test it in the meantime.

On second thought, I'm only going to post the patch when I do the
2.0.5 release (which will happen tomorrow).  All the changes are in
the CVS Release_2_0_1-branch maintenance branch so you can check them
out there for a preview.

I plan on doing some more testing tomorrow before the release, but so
far it looks pretty good.

-Barry