[Mailman-Developers] python 2.0 & mailman

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:51:45 -0800

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 06:57:26 +0100
Ricardo Kustner <ricardo@rixhq.nu> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 08:38:43PM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:

>> What sort of performance troubles?  What manifestations?

> loadaverages going sky-high when I approve a batch of messages on
> the list.

When system load goes high, what does `top` say is hogging the
process queue?

What version of Mailman?

How many lists?

How many subscribers on the lists when you approve a message?

What hardware?

What OS?

Local caching name server?

NFS?

> since I set postfix to relay all mail to a different
> server.

What is the value of default_destination_concurrency_limit in your
postfix config?

Is 127.0.0.1/8 specified in mynetworks?

> Sometimes I need to restart postfix, apache and mysqld cause they
> can't recover by themselves.

What do you mean, "recover"?

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw@kanga.nu