[Mailman-Developers] python 2.0 & mailman

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@rixhq.nu
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 06:57:26 +0100

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 08:38:43PM -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Mar 2001 23:15:03 +0100
> Ricardo Kustner <ricardo@rixhq.nu> wrote:
> > After almost a year of succesfull mailman usage, my server is
> > starting to run into performance trouble again (probably due to an
> > enormous increase in webtraffic and list subscribers).
> What sort of performance troubles?  What manifestations?

loadaverages going sky-high when I approve a batch of messages on the list.
One time the server even stopped responding and I had to travel to the ISP
to push the reset button. For now it seems to work considerably ok, since I
set postfix to relay all mail to a different server. Sometimes I need to
restart postfix, apache and mysqld cause they can't recover by themselves.
I think I'm going to buy a new 7200RPM disk since it's time to upgrade the
software anyway (running Linux 2.0.38 and libc5 on an ancient slackware
install :) still, all the apps are the latest & greatest)

--
Regards,

Ricardo

--
International Janet Jackson fanclub called MISS JANET.
For more information write to: