[Mailman-Developers] python 2.0 & mailman

Ricardo Kustner ricardo@rixhq.nu
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 23:15:03 +0100

Hi,

After almost a year of succesfull mailman usage, my server is starting to
run into performance trouble again (probably due to an enormous increase in
webtraffic and list subscribers). So I'm looking into ways of increasing
performance again. I was wondering if python 2.0 has significant performance
increase compared to 1.5.2? I'm sure I can sqeaze some more performance out
of this Pentium-1 box :)

ps: my message should be much less messy now... I'm using joe as my mutt
editor... I remember the keybindings from QEdit from those good old DOS days
so I think I can manage

pps: I didn't realize I was amongst true hackers who still use emacs on here; I'm
honored ! ;)

--
Regards,

Ricardo