[Mailman-Developers] Here's a little issue with the news gatewaying: If the n

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:54:30 -0500

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 05:04:44PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> Note that this has changed a bit in Mailman 2.1, where mail->news is
> implemented by a completely separate queue.  Thus there are no child
> processes needed, and the list is never locked by this queue.
> gate_news hasn't changed substantially in this regard in 2.1.

Barry?  How far along the garden path *is* 2.1?

I've just gotten shot in the head with a 1000:1 slowdown on batch adds
for send a welcome vs don't... along with one or two other items.

Time to bring them up?  Or past...?

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink