[Mailman-Developers] I'm using 2.0.1, currently, I should have mentioned that.

Patriot room_maildev@bbs.pixel.citadel.org
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:13:11 -0500

 I'm using 2.0.1, currently, I should have mentioned that.  Thanks for
getting back so quickly. :)

 What I've been seeing is this (and please note, there's not timestamp on
the lockfiles that are created, only a datestamp):

 ~mailman/locks/gate_news.lock ~mailman/gate_news.lock.my.hostname.org.pid

 And then also the newsgroup lock files.  Recently I've been having
problems with my ISP's newsserver and all I'm seeing are the
gate_news.lock files.  They don't seem to go away (but I have no way of
PROVING that because there's no time stamps.

 Sample:

 -rw-rw-r--   2 mailman  mailman        58 Mar 14  2001 gate_news.lock
 -rw-rw-r--   2 mailman  mailman        58 Mar 14  2001
gate_news.lock.my.host.org.pid

 However, I DID have one that was a day old, which is where I'm presuming
this problem is coming from.  After I removed the lock, the next time
gate_news runs it imports the newsgroups (assuming the news server is up).

 That's about the only place where I see the problem, and like I said,
removing the lockfiles makes it work the next time around.  If I'm on the
wrong track for debugging this let me know so I can take a look in the
right place. :)