[Mailman-Developers] DRAFT Datasource Interface v0.1

Chris Ryan chris@greatbridge.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:33:50 -0500

All,

	I've written up a templatish python code of the inteface with some
comments and the like. I've placed everything on the Mailman ZWiki page
http://www.zope.org/Members/bwarsaw/MailmanDesignNotes/CentralizedUserDatabase
at Ricardo's sugestion so that you may all read it over and
comment/add/substract ?delete? :).

	There were a few places that I left empty in the interface but I
commented about it these were The Admin/Request/Postings Response
classes and the bounce_info stuff which will be located in the
BounceData class. This was due to my lack of overall understanding of
what these are at this time. Feel Free to fill them in following the
overall flow of the rest.

	Once we get something that is more or less acceptable my next step will
be to impliment the interface to use the existing method of data
storage. Then I would start modifying the code to use the interface.
Once I've got the interface implimented we should have a concreate
definition and anyone should be able to write a datasource driver using
the interface to access what ever source they wish to use.

Chris Ryan
chris@greatbridge.com