[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Announce] ANNOUNCE Mailman 2.0.3

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:37:10 +0100

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:00:54AM +0100, Andreas Gietl wrote:

> it seems there's a problem with the configure script ... it always told
> me that the permissions on the install-directory should at least be
> 02755 - but they were 2755. So i had to comment the lines checking in
> configure out. Am i wrong or is there a bug?

Well, nothing has changed in configure, neither in this patch nor the last.
Are you sure both you and configure are looking at the *same* directory ?
Configure complained to me, too, but legitimately, as the installation
directory was not mode 02755. doing a 'chmod 02755 /usr/local/mailman' fixed
it just fine, for me.

PS: Try not to quote the entire message next time. Your message included
Barry's whole message, including the patch he attached.

PPS: I had a tremendous time at IPC9 as well. Meeting Barry finally put a
voice and a speech pattern (not to mention height and build ;) to all his
emails. At least now I can tell when he's joking or not :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>