[Mailman-Developers] Feature request

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 19:38:15 +0100

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 12:01:30PM -0700, Kurt Seifried wrote:

> Have you guys looked at GnuPG/X.509 encryption, i.e. someone sends a
> message to the list, and instead of just blonking it out to all members it
> checks a table for email address and GnuPG key/X.509 cert, and if found
> encrypts the email to that user with their key. It would be a nice
> optional feature.

There has been some traffic on the idea before, yes. The main problem is
that someone has to implement it :) The mailman development team basically
consists of Barry, who also has two other fulltime jobs. I'm pretty certain
Barry would accept a patch that implemented it, and if not, I'd rewrite it
to suit his wishes and slip it in when he's not looking :)

Of course, I also have two other fulltime jobs ;P

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>