[Mailman-Developers] >Gating from news to mail happens by cron/gate_news. Gatin

Patriot room_maildev@bbs.pixel.citadel.org
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 12:17:10 -0500

 >Gating from news to mail happens by cron/gate_news.  Gating from mail

 >to news happens by the ToUsenet.py handler run by the qrunner.

 >Neither should be able to create root owned files (if they were owned

 >by user or group `mailman', then I'd be more suspecting of a Mailman

 >problem).

 Yes, I tend to agree.  No it's configured and set up properly, all the
ownerships are by mailman/mailman.  I hadn't thought about the fact that
root owned those files, so I'll do a little more digging when I figure out
what's been happening and post back with more details if I can't.

 Thanks for your help and prompt replies!