[Mailman-Developers] >Hmm, I see none of these on mail.python.org which gates

Patriot room_maildev@bbs.pixel.citadel.org
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 12:07:10 -0500

 >Hmm, I see none of these on mail.python.org which gates

 >comp.lang.python and comp.lang.python.announce (in both directions).

 >Python's nntplib doesn't appear to create any temp files, so I don't

 >think it's coming from there, and I'm /sure/ Mailman doesn't create

 >any temp files.

 >Is your usenet software on the same machine as Mailman?  Could those

 >files be created by your news s/w?  Who is the user and group owner of

 >those files?

 >-Barry

 -rw-r--r--   1 root     root       389120 Feb 27 18:01 filezSQFHI

 But your question is valid, and I hadn't thoughtof it.  The gatewaying
stuff I have left in the mailman crontab and there's not anyway it should
be able to create those files as 'root', unless the wrapper's doing it.

 In any event, I have no idea what's causing this.  As for 'usenet
software' I'm not using anything but the gatewaying software.  The usenet
server's not on the same machine, it's at a different ISP...and again,
like I said, each of those files is specifically a file full of each
usenet posting that I have gatewayed.

 I'm stumped.