[Mailman-Developers] qrunner just keeps going and going

Chris Ryan chris@greatbridge.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 13:57:15 -0500

I've got the latest setup on system and one of the problems I'm having
is that qrunner (as per cron) runs every minute however each instance
stays alive (spawning several other instances like IncomingRunner,
OutgoingRunner, etc. so every minute I have eight (1 crond, 1 qrunner
and 1 each of the six different runners) process start and sit on my
machine doing nothing.

This doesn't seem it is supposed to work this way. According to qrunner
it says it runs and makes sure they different runners are doing their
jobs. If this is the case then shouldn't qrunner detect if an instance
of it is already running and abort or perhaps it should be started from
init???

Any enlightenment someone could shed would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Ryan
chris@greatbridge.com