[Mailman-Developers] HTML Issue

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:47:58 +0200

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 10:49:27AM -0700, James Dinan wrote:

> I posted this message to mailman-users, and then the more I was thinking
> about it, the more I began to think this was a question for developers.
> Please tell me what you think:

> I am running Mailman 2.0.1 on Redhat 6.2 and I am having difficulty with
> the Subscribe Results Page (/mailman/subscribe/listname).  More
> specifically, I have edited the HTML and whenever I view the page, mailman
> appears to be prepending the following to the source:
>
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY
> <BODY bgcolor="#ffffff">

Yes. This is an open bug, and an old one. It still requires a Pronouncement
from Barry. The problem is that Mailman creates a HTMLgen Document instead
of a HeadlessDocument, for the list page. From the top of my head the fix is
to change

    doc = Document()

into

    doc = HeadlessDocument()

in Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py, function listinfo_overview(). I believe Barry
is reluctant to fix it because of possible breakage (people might have made
template files with the (Headfull)Document in mind.) Barry ? :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>