[Mailman-Developers] Two versions on the same host

Vizi Szilard vizisz@freemail.hu
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:42:29 +0200

Hy Everyone,

Previosly I asked Barry, but he could not answer yet.

I have installed to my machine the latest version from the CVS beside
to the perfectly working 2.0.5. I want to play with the newest version,
but I do not want to bust up the working version. So I used the following
options in the configure:
./configure --prefix=/home/mailman2 --with-username=mailman2 --with-groupname=
mailman2 --with-cgi-gid=233 --with-mail-gid=12

In the Apache conf for the ScriptAlias I gave /mailman2 since /mailman is
for the version 2.0.5. I changed the crontab to prevent 2 different
versions running in the same time.

Mailman in the new directory working almost perfectly, but when I click
to a link the url would be like this (eg. in the listinfo page):
   http://tatooin.sol.vein.hu/mailman/admin
But it have to be like this for the proper working:
   http://tatooin.sol.vein.hu/mailman2/admin

So I could not play with the beta version.
Any suggestion how can I solve this problem?
(You can take a look at this problem in the above URLs, if our net
is working. The bad weathers ruined our network early on this week.)

Bye,.

Szilard Vizi
mailto:vizisz@freemail.hu             UIN:10676592