[Mailman-Developers] Handling non-fatal "bounces"

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:37:14 -0700

On Monday, June 18, 2001, at 02:42 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 05:21:19PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>> One question: should Mailman support doing an (optional) auto-kvetch
>> back to the site's postmaster?
>
> Two words: "Sorcerer's Apprentice".

treat them as hard bounces and if someone gets unsubscribed, encourage
them to whine at their admin.

sending stuff to the admin directly from the outside will only piss off
the admin. it won't solve anything, and you're kvetching on a point that
is arguable depending on who's side of the argument you're on (if you
want to kvetch at things, kvetch at places that send stupid vacation
messages to the entire universe, endlessly, or places that send
"confirming we read your message" messages to mail lists. Those are a
LOT less ambiguously screwed up than the not-delivered-yet
pain-in-the-necks...

[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]

I'm really easy to get along with once you
people learn to worship me.