[Mailman-Developers] Re: auto aprroval

Mark Tearle mtearle@tearle.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:16:05 +0800 (WST)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Marcin Bujak wrote:

> hi
> i'm having a problem with your patch "Auto Approval of
> subscriptions for certain domains"
>
> cd mailman-2.0.5/Mailman
> patch < None.txt
> cd ..
> make clean
> make install
>
> if i choose a privace options from privacy options section
> mailman send a bug in ....
>
> can you help me ?

Hiya

The patch is buggy and I should really get around to updating the
Sourceforge web page about it.  It works OK if you create a new list
but doesn't detect if the field is missing in an existing list
and add it unfortunately.

I'm CC'ing mailman-developers to ask for advice, I know it goes
somewhere in the versioning code, but where?  And how do I do it such
that future upgrades etc don't break?

Yours
Mark
--
Mark Tearle - mark@tearle.com

 "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates