[Mailman-Developers] why no user disable of the monthly reminder?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 10:59:24 -0700

On Sunday, June 3, 2001, at 10:46 AM, J C Lawrence wrote:

> Agreed, and I'll add that the password reminders really need to be
> VERPed.  Of course this will have to be optional for those MTAs
> which are not VERP happy, but the password reminders are just too
> cherry an opportunity to overlook for removing addresses which you
> *CAN'T* deduce from bounce message processing (mail forwards etc).

Definitely. and I've sent the lsat few days immersed in postfix
documentation, and it has some real interesting stuff that can be used
for optimizing some of what I do. I really like the idea of a direct
mysql interface, since it means I can load most of my configuration data
into a central server and not have to worry about migrating it out to
the farm anymore. It also makes doiing thigns like a distributed list
server possible, since you can have two or three boxes out in round
robin, and you can tweak the aliases data in the database to have them
route list info to processing boxes on the fly, so you can load balance
across multiple machines.

Lots of fun stuff here, although it might not be approppriate for a
general mailman release, since it can't depend on these functions, I'm
guessing.

[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]

Any connection between your reality and mine
is purely coincidental.