[Mailman-Developers] Yet another nightly_gzip failure notice

Scott Brown scott-brown@home.com
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 10:52:41 -0400

I havent seen a definitive solution to this, so I'm posting this in hopes
that the developers see something here that triggers an "ah-ha!"....

I know mimelib is required... and I've done a fresh install of mimelib just
yesterday when I started playing with 2.1a2....

[scott@bubba ~]$ python
Python 2.0 (#1, Feb  9 2001, 20:49:37)
[GCC egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)] on linux2
>>> import mimelib
>>> mimelib.__version__
'0.4'

yet last night I received this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mailman/cron/nightly_gzip", line 52, in ?
    from Mailman import MailList
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 34, in ?
    from mimelib.address import getaddresses
ImportError: No module named mimelib.address

This box was upgraded from v2.0b5 to 2.0 to 2.0.1 to 2.0.6 now to 2.1a2 -
and I noticed that during the upgrade it mentioned that one of the lists
looked like it had already been upgraded or I was using a very new CVS
snapshot or something like that. But bin/check_db comes up fine on all these
lists....

[root@bubba /home/mailman]# bin/check_db justatest
[root@bubba /home/mailman]# bin/check_db test
[root@bubba /home/mailman]# bin/check_db trial
[root@bubba /home/mailman]# bin/check_db trial2
[root@bubba /home/mailman]#

Everything in the ./Mailman, ./bin, ./cgi-bin and ./cron directories has the
same date stamp except:

 Mailman/crypt.py (which as I understand is not part of MM2.1a2 so this is
not unexpected)

 Mailman/mm_cfg.py that doesnt get overwritten on a new install... (which
when diffed against the mm_cfg.py.dist shows no differences anyways).

 cron/qrunner (which doesnt exist anymore with the new queue configurations)

Any "Eureka!" happening??