[Mailman-Developers] MM2.1a2 integration with Sendmail

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 06:45:53 -0400

At 08:23 PM 7/28/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Ok - on my test box I'm up to Python 2.01, and have MM2.1a2 installed (from
>the tarball... fresh copy today, but of course it may not be the most recent
>code from the CVS)
>
>In the README.SENDMAIL there is a section on a contrib piece that will make
>it possible to get away without updating the /etc/aliases and running
>newaliases all the time.
>
>I wanted to try it - but the mm-handler script is not in the contrib
>directory as the README.SENDMAIL suggests it should be.
>
>I checked the CVS, and same there... there's a qmail-to-mailman.py there,
>but nothing sendmail-ish...
>
>And of course, without an author's email addy listed in the README.SENDMAIL,
>it's difficult to contact the author directly.
>
>Anyone know where I can find it?

You must not have been reading the list 3-4 days ago when I raised this very question.

The stuff's not there yet.  Also, those directions are incomplete.  If you thoroughly
understand sendmail, and can hack your m4 files, see:
http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/mailman/listserver.mc
http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/mailman/mm-handler

For what the author says is a relatively recent copy of the handler and an example
mc file for using it (but you'll have to understand how to build the mailertable)

He's on vacation right now, and will officially contribute it later.

Note that it *only* works if you can dedicate an entire hostname's worth
of mail to mailman; i.e. if you have both users and lists that are both @something.com,
you can't use this.