[Mailman-Developers] Re: GET vs POST (was Re: subscription confirmations)

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:53:36 -0700

On 7/18/01 9:41 PM, "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com> wrote:

> I was going on Chuq's assertion that in some cases, it's *necessary*
> for merely clicking the link in an email to automagically perform the
> unsubscribe... which was backed up by my own marketling-list and PHB
> experience.

I don't think I said that, jay. I'm arguing for as simple as possible, but
I'm convinced that the single-click is too simple and dangerous. Where I
think you're confused is my discussion about double opt-in e-mail vs single
opt-in vs opt-out stuff. None of that, per-se, is implemented by one-click
(or GET vs POST) stuff, although you could. You could implement any of those
with one-click, or conformant to the W3 stuff.

[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.